· 2 kilo dressed chicken (broiler)
· 2 cups of lemon grass (tanlad)
· 3 tablespoons of cooking oil
· 2 tablespoons of salt
· Make sure the chicken is clean with no remaining small feathers and no insides.
· Wash thoroughly and pat dry with a paper towel
· Rub the whole chicken with cooking oil as well as the inside cavity.
· Next apply salt all over, again, including the insides.
· Fill the cavity with lemon grass
· Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
· Place the chicken on an oven rotisserie.
· If you don't have a rotisserie put the chicken on an elevated rack on a baking pan - breast side up (so the bottom of the chicken does not touch the baking pan).
· Bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is golden brown. When you prick between the chicken thigh and body and the juice runs clear (not bloody) the chicken is done.
· Serve with mashed potatoes, rice or corn on the side.